Pain Management for Hypnotherapists
Pain and Hypnotherapy
Chronic pain is estimated to affect between one-third and one-half of the population of the UK, yet the American Psychological Association, consider hypnotherapy is likely to be effective for most people suffering from diverse forms of pain.
For many years, those experiencing pain were treated within the ‘biomedical’ model. The emergence of the ‘biopsychosocial’ model offers a broader range of treatment and management options, including hypnotherapy.
What we will cover
This one-day CPD event is an engaging and interactive workshop for those with a qualification and some experience in hypnosis / hypnotherapy. Topics include:
- Classifications and types of pain
- Assessing and describing pain
- Emotional influences on pain
- Coping strategies and secondary gains
- Conventional and contemporary management models and treatment
- Hypnotherapy approaches (behavioural, metaphorical, cognitive, analytical, regressive)
- Promoting self-management: client tasks and activities (homework)
- Case studies
A detailed workshop manual will be provided, together with a CPD certificate, indicating 6 hours of CPD (and 6 CEU for NGH members).
8 December 2019
9.30am - 5pm
Important: This course is designed for qualified hypnotherapy practitioners only - so if you do not have a valid hypnotherapy qualification/relevant experience, please do not book a place on this masterclass - if in doubt, send us a message before you book.
Note: This workshop has 6.5 CPD hours and for NGH members 6.5 CEU credits