Podcast update: Dr Kate
Yes, I know, we’ve posted a lot of podcasts recently… This is the last one, for a little while, we promise; but it IS another good one, so well worth a listen!
The Rapid Changeworks podcast site has been created as an antidote to the commonly held beliefs (by some hypnotherapists and other therapists) that ‘significant change has to take a long time’… that clients need to ‘experience past traumas’ in order to move past them… or that by understanding a problem a client will be able to ‘fix it’. As many modern hypnotherapists know, these concepts (though sometimes true) do not necessarily fit well with the way that we approach hypnotherapy, the ways in which we work with clients, and certainly the way that we teach hypnotherapy here at HypnoTC.
During the podcast, Howard and Kate discuss various different hypnotic thoughts and ideas. They discussed a range of very relevant topics.
- why it’s important for hypnotherapy trainers to be aware of the core curriculum
- the problem with “guru shopping”
- working as a clinical hypnotist in a hospital setting
- hospital carrots – the most powerful sign hypnosis is an effective tool for change
- whether you need to have a positive regard for the client to help them change effectively
- the brain… and how it doesn’t like voids and vacuums
- and much more…
To listen to this podcast, simply use either of the buttons below (depending on whether you’d like to listen online now, or download the podcast as an MP3 to listen later / on a device):
…and if you have any questions about anything covered in the podcast, do by all means contact Kate.
– written by the HypnoTC team